Here are a few nuggets of wisdom to keep in your back pocket when life takes a hold of you…
1. Not knowing is a normal part of life.
“By replacing fear of the unknown with curiosity we open ourselves up to an infinite stream of possibility. We can let fear rule our lives or we can become childlike with curiosity, pushing our boundaries, leaping out of our comfort zones, and accepting what life puts before us.”
– Alan Watts
2. Often, our biggest fears don’t happen in the end.
“I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.”
– Mark Twain
3. Despite how it may look on the outside, everyone faces their own struggles and challenges.
“Comparison is the thief of joy.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
4. You don’t have to be perfect to be loved.
“To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.”
– Alan Cohen
5. Life does not need to be taken so seriously.
“Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place.”
– Mark Twain
6. It’s just as important (if not more) to treat yourself with respect and compassion.
“If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.”
– Jack Kornfield
6. Be patient in your struggles.
“Something will grow from all you are going through. And it will be you.”
7. You are allowed to change and reinvent yourself.
“You’re under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.”
– Alan Watts
8. You can be a good person with a kind heart and still say no.
“Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.”
– Brene Brown
9. The present moment is all that exists, the rest is an illusion.
“All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry – all forms of fear – are caused by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non-forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.
The present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.”
– Eckhart Tolle
Excellent as usual Nibbs. I only offer one point, if you can get quotes from Canadians, British ( Churchill, Burke etc.) Aussies, Kiwis etc, to move away from all US quotes, I would like that better. But I love it, Good show
*applause* will be sharing with others